My favorite Christmas album is almost near banned in this house now. Nsync Christmas has been on my list of must play Christmas music since I got the CD - the year it came out. It's amazing. Too bad my husband won't let me play it simply because "Nsync" is the artist - the quality of the music doesn't matter. Boo.
It was a crazy, semi-lazy week. We didn't get near as much cleaning/organizing done as we expected, but the place looks pretty good. Didn't get any of the mail we were waiting for - including the pictures and my winter coat. At least my boots came in! They are AWESOME. So comfy and warm, and most importantly: super cute!
Yesterday, I attempted for the first time by myself my mom's family's secret recipe for cookie pressed cookies, a tradition I grew up with my entire life. Had some problems with my cookie press, but the cookies themselves taste AMAZING.
We are having a (small) Christmas dinner at our place tomorrow. 2-3 people are coming over - the 3rd depends on deployment something or another. If he comes, I hope we'll have enough food. On the menu for tomorrow night is: (And this will be repeated, with pictures, in the days to come.)
1. Slow-cooked ham.
2. Mashed Potatoes
3. Carrots
4. Marshmallow salad
5. Jellied cranberry sauce
6. Fruit-filled muffins
Nothing too special for the dinner menu - The most time being spent on the ham and the muffins.
For dessert, we will have:
1. Secret-recipe cookies
2. Oreo truffles
3. No bake cookies (KR's family's secret recipe)
SO FAR, I have the following done and ready to go:
Marshmallow salad, muffins, secret-recipe cookies, oreo truffles (seriously, it tastes like professional candy, I couldn't believe it!). The ham is defrosting in the fridge - I am excited to put that all together, and I definitely cannot wait until the house starts smelling like amazing sweet honey ham! I am cheating on the cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Hey - as much as I'd love to cook everything homemade, I'd really like to enjoy Christmas, too.
We are exchanging gifts with our friends, and they are staying over while we enjoy the night with movies and video games, and possibly drinking (except for me). I cannot believe the day is almost here!!!
Tomorrow will be a busy day... We still have to clean up the apartment, obviously gifts, I'd really like to work mass in there, but I have a feeling KR will convince me otherwise, and prepare the ham.
Ok, my beautiful hubbin's falling asleep on the couch, so it should probably be bed time now!
Merry Christmas to all!




No comments:
Post a Comment