HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Grawr!

Yesterday, I spent like 2 hours searching online for some winter boots. I tracked down my friend Taryn and figured out what size she wears in Bearpaw boots b/c we have the same size shoes.  I managed to find some 12" winter boots by Bearpaw for $35-40 bucks on Amazon.  I told KR when we got home about them, I saved them in my account, and we decided that today, we'd go to the BX to see if they had any to try on or else buy.

So today, we went to the BX and sure enough, they actually had in stock some Bearpaw boots! They were THE ugliest boots I have ever seen in my entire life! It was some forest green with some weird decal/design thing on the outside, and then some putrid orange color, and then some sequenced thing, too.  I tried on a size 10 (they only had ONE!) to double check the size (they fit, yay!) and then put those ugly ass things back on the shelf.... There were women there who were like glaring at me if I so much as looked at them holding their box of ugly ass Bearpaw boots. Even Kyle noticed how frenzied their actions were around these boots!

So after we get home (we also bought a picture frame to FINALLY hang up our big wedding picture... and it was the WRONG size frame, ugh.) and I log on to my account to prepare to order the boots... In one day, the COLOR I chose for all my boots had gone up in price like 20 bucks!!! I was so livid I nearly cried. We are trying SO hard to save money and absolutely NOTHING we do is right! And we still need so much stuff for baby, apartment, etc. I ended up changing the color and the price went to $45 but I was still mad. We have gotten screwed on EVERYTHING  we have bought in the past few weeks. Mostly shipping... We've had to use shipitapo to get some stuff here, and honestly, I hope we never have to again! I don't recommend it. We've been SOAKED in shipping prices. We ordered a computer from HP (HP doesn't ship to apo) and they shipped each item we bought SEPARATELY - so we got charged shipping 3x for one order!!! The monitor, ($22 shipping) the external ($13!) and the computer itself (I don't even know!). Our awesome deal on the computer + monitor + 1TB external = not such a good deal anymore. Then we order a stroller travel system from Babys R Us.  They wouldn't ship this particular item to APO and boy, do we know why. We got it on sale for 50 bucks off!  But with shipitapo, we were charged $77 to ship the fucking thing here! That means we paid 25 more than full price to get the damn stroller here! And, you know, it still takes forever.

THEN, I found myself a wool pea coat for maternity from Target for 50 bucks. I don't expect TOO much from Target for 50 bucks, but I am desperate for a decent looking winter coat. Currently, my winter coat is from the girl's department at Target and was on it's end before the baby bump made it's presence - now, it's hardly cutting it, and with all the freaking snow/sleet/rain/whatever is always falling from the sky in this dreary country, it's urgent I get something and quick. So I find this awesome coat, I am so excited, I go to the check out screen.  As soon as I "view my cart" it automatically defaults to showing the coat size as XS as opposed to the size I REALLY ordered. No matter how many times I tried to fix it, the same happened every time. Even when I ordered through Target on Amazon! I was SO pissed. The boots I wanted, out. The fucking coat I wanted - wouldn't work! REALLY?!

IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?

We are military, poor military. We don't get a lot of money each pay day, and it's basically gone in like 5 days. We have so much we need to get to get this place together and nothing we do works. I'm not working b/c my baby won't let me so I suck at life for contributing. And my lovely, lovely school loans are due um, THURSDAY, so there's another $415 bucks a month we'll never see for the next 30 years. So how exactly do people "get ahead" ? How do people have so much "stuff" and NICE stuff? We had to buy everything used or else we don't have it. I'm not complaining, I like what we have, and why spend 1k on something nice when you can get it for 120 bucks? But ya know, it would just be SO NICE if life was a tad easier and could just simply cut us a break! I'm sick of finding deals and then getting screwed on them. I'd rather not know - or else just let me get the freaking deal! KR's Christmas gift I could've gotten for 60 bucks cheaper if we were in the states, but noooooo websites won't offer the same deals online for Black Friday and so I had to pay regular price. What a waste! What's my incentive to use your company then?

Ok, I am done venting. I ordered my boots and my coat, and hopefully they will be here before the end of the winter season.

No comments: