HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I hate Sallie Mae.

So, this was the first month that I needed to make payments on my school loans.  Total, they are ugly, but they aren't near as bad as they could be.  I have the  majority of my loans through Sallie Mae, and a few through Direct Loans, but a much less amount, and MUCH more manageable. So, for some reason, my first payment for Sallie Mae was not what my monthly payments will be, I assumed because it was the first month, or perhaps, because some of them are smaller than others (I have about 5 different loans through Sallie Mae, and each has their own payment due and a different interest rate. I only have to make one payment each month for them all, but if I over pay, I have to email them with special instructions for what to do with the extra money or else they will choose and it's usually not the best option for the money. Ghey.). So I set up my online payment last Tuesday, it was due Thursday.  I know, it was cutting it close. I clicked "Pay full amount due," put in my information, and it went through on time.

My mom is my co-signer for my 2 big loans. She called today to set up an online account so she can help me out when she can or else basically, just make sure I'm not screwing up her credit as well as mine. I had already told her I paid the bill and it went through, so I know she wasn't calling them to check up on me. Well, when she called, they told her I was delinquent on my loans by $71 and some odd change. UM, WHAT?! I paid what was due. If I owed more, why wasn't I told this? I never got a bill for the month anyways, but I check the website periodically, and knew it was coming up.  Nowhere on the website did it say I owed another 72 bucks, OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE PAID IT.

So now I have to try to figure this out and hope that it doesn't screw up  my credit/affect my incentives because otherwise, I screwed up ON MY VERY FIRST PAYMENT WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN MY FAULT.

Note: Don't go to college. It's not worth the money. At least, if you need loans for it, it's not. I have 25 years of hell to look forward to, and half the money I'll make every paycheck going to them. Oh, which, by the way, is actually KR's money, which in turn, is our money for furniture we need and baby stuff. But hey, who needs a stroller and a winter coat?

1 comment:

AtlYankeeBelle said...

note: go to college. No matter how much it costs or how long you have to pay if off for, college is essential. It prepares you for the real world, broadens horizons and is normally the best 4 years of your life.

the loans will work out, life will fall into place.

try buying a used stroller from another military family or buy a good German stroller. German mommies use strollers too. :) and check the mail for some baby clothes :)