Still was a tad moody yesterday, but got better as time passed. KR passed his A+ certification today, so that is great news! And this week, tomorrow to be exact, he goes back to 6-3! Which sucks for an early bed time, but is GREAT because my husband will be home before the sun goes down! (Only about an hour before, but much better than 3 hours later!) This means that when he gets home, we have time to go out shopping, go for walks, get something done around the house, or simply enjoy sunshine TOGETHER. Ok, not sunshine, because it's like never sunny here, but at least DAYLIGHT. This was a big cause of my moodiness. Stuck inside everyday by myself until after 7pm? With no transportation? And it's gloomy most of the daylight day? LAME! Now I can sign up for some exercise classes and have a way to get there - and the two of us can go for a walk before the sun drops. We're from the midwest, so we aren't afraid of a little snow on the ground or falling from the sky. I used to hike to class with 8 inches of snow on the paths and in the middle of a blizzard that make it damn near impossible see. Oh, it was so much fun! Made phone calls hiding in buildings to see if someone could give me a ride since you couldn't keep your eyes open enough to see b/c the snow was coming down so thick!
Anyways. Got a little distracted. KR got home a little after 5pm today and it had been snowing all day, so the roads weren't so great so we decided not to go out. We finished decorating the tree (yay, finally!)
But of course, got a little distracted along the way!
Then we moved some stuff around in an attempt to make the place look more homey/organized, had dinner, then started clearing off the island counter area that's been covered in papers for a while. I crashed while going through all that, so it's not quite finished, but it is much better. Apparently, we are having a couple people over for Christmas, so I desperately want this place looking like a home (as opposed to an institutional living environment) before Christmas. Plus, I think our friends and family deserve some pictures of our new apartment, and currently, the only ones I have are from when moved in and crap was everywhere. So, even though we have a ton of awesome pictures frames now... we don't have pictures that fit in them, and tons of pictures and no frames that fit them! Hah, isn't that how it always goes?
I just opened an account with Snapfish because apparently, they give the best deals on prints AND actually ship to APO address (hard to find) so I am excited to get that going, but - not gonna lie - I'm gonna go crazy trying to pick out all these pictures!
Ok, KR just got out of the shower, so it's time to switch gears and give him some attention before bedtime. 5am alarm will come quickly (for him)!




No comments:
Post a Comment