HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've been tagged!

Hah, blogging is so much more different than it was back in the good ol' days of opendiary.com and teenopendiary.com  I actually preferred the latter, as I was a mere pre-teen and teen back in those days, and I poured my heart and soul into my entries in which I diligently posted nearly everyday for years. Seriously. I even saved all the entries and have them on a disk somewhere at my mom's house for safe keeping. I had lots of emotions and boy woes back then. Now I just have a lack of a social life and left my REAL journal back home and don't want to ask my mom to dig it out and mail it to me (as there's stuff in there I don't want her to see. Like the wedding announcement from my father.)


I was tagged by my ol' pal B from atlyankeebelle. This is quite exciting because I haven't had to do one yet!

1. What's your favorite song?

This is tough, as my favorite songs change almost daily. Some of my favorites are "The Best of Me" (acoustic version) by The Starting Line and my lovely wedding song, "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait (which, contrary to popular belief, is actually about a military relationship suffering separation instead of focusing on the favorite line "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend."  I've seen far too many people use this song as their wedding song, and they've never been apart in their lives. Really, then why did you pick a song to dance to that includes the lyrics:
"Do you hear me? I'm talking to you.
Across the water, across the deep, blue ocean.
Under the open skies, oh my, oh baby I'm tryin'
Boy I hear you in my dreams.
I feel you whisper across the sea.
I keep you with me in my heart.

You make it easier when life gets hard.
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
I'm lucky to have been where I have been.
I'm lucky to be coming home again.
"They don't know how long it takes waiting for a love like this.
Every time we say goodbye, I wish we had one more kiss.
I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will."
If that doesn't scream long distant relationship, I don't know what does. Clearly, that's the point of the song - NOT being in love with you best friend. It's being SO in love with your best friend that you'll wait through time and oceans and war and time zones and unlimited amounts of time apart with no idea when you'll see each other again. And then just being lucky enough to be together at some point, even if it's too short. Even when you have to say goodbye. But at least you get that little bit of time.

Other songs that top the list are many from The Beatles, a couple from Journey, one from Elvis, like 2 country songs, and almost any song that will make me want to get up and dance - regardless of the language it's sung in.

2. If you could take an all-expenses paid vacation, where would you go and why?

I think we would go on the 12-day Mediterranean Cruise that went to Italy, Egypt, Greece, Malta and... Somewhere else.  Otherwise, I fear we'll never see much of Europe, even though we're living here!

3. What's the last book you read?

I finished reading "Married to the Military" on the way here, and I am currently re-reading the Twilight Saga. Just started though, so I'm still on Twilight.

4. What's one of your best childhood memories?

Probably any of our road trips as a family. Back when we still were a family. So either to Orlando, or Illinois. Or maybe I just miss having a father who acknowledged my existence and actually cared.

...Funny how life was perfect back then and the other I got, the more fucked up everything became.

5. Soda, tea, water, or juice?

Oh boy. I love them all, it just depends on my mood. In general, it's juice for breakfast, water, iced tea, or DIET soda for lunch, milk for dinner. Hot tea in the evening. My absolute favorite soda: Dr. Pepper or cream soda. Oh. My. GOD.

6. What's your favorite flower?

White daises. The ones with the bright yellow centers. Such happy flowers!


My wedding bouquet of white daisies, white lisianthus, and blue delphinium... and some greenery. 

7. If you could live abroad for an entire year, where would you live?

I already am living abroad! Germany! ...And many times now I have wished so much to be back stateside. Not that I don't want to travel, because I do, but when your life is abroad, traveling just doesn't happen. And with the event of totaling-and-buying-a-new-car... now that smaller, cheaper cruise we were looking at in April simply won't happy anymore. Sad face.

8. What's your favorite time of the year?

Fall! I love, love, love hoodie weather! It's not too hot, it's not too cold. But if it is cold, you can simply put on a hoodie and be completely fine. Plus, the trees change color, and it's just so beautiful!

Annnd I have no one to tag because I am so new to this blogging world!

No comments: