We went to see the place today. Climbed the 3.5 flights of stairs to the 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment.
Dishwasher. Check.
Closets/storage. Check.
Large rooms. Check.
Balcony. Check.
Trees not road by balcony. Check.
Screens on windows. Check.
Ceiling fans!!! Check.
Parking spot right in front of door. Check.
Close to gate & job. Check.
Laundry in apartment. Check.
We called and accepted the place. We could've passed, b/c the 4th floor sucks (heat rises in the summer and Europe = no air conditioning) but there's no guarantee the next place wouldn't be 4th floor also (it happens a LOT) but with a noisy road behind it, or on the other side of where I'll be working, or with a parking spot far from the door. I am certain we will seriously regret this should I end up having a baby while we're here. But I know women have done it before so I know I can do it! We don't have a move in date yet, but we're looking at the middle of October at the EARLIEST. (We asked her when she was moving out.) so it might very well be when my mom is here, after all. We have been instructed not to tell our landlord yet, too.
They also changed KR's schedule AGAIN at work. I don't get it. The entire time he worked here while I wasn't here, he was 6a-3p Mon-Fri. Since I've been here, they've been fucking with his schedule ever since. He's currently 12-9 which sucks b/c I see him in the AM, but then the entire day I'm on my own. That will obviously change when I start to work, but then that brings a new problem: Come October, he's going to start 1-10p. So basically, I will probably never see him. The CDC is open 6-6, and I could work anywhere in that time frame. If he's 1-10, I will basically never see him, because chances are, I'll be in bed about the time he gets home, and up and gone before he gets back. Wtf? For an office that's only open until 6 daily, I don't quite understand why he's gotta be there until 10pm! And neither does he! He doesn't do much at the tail end of the day...
Still no call from the lady at work about having me work at the CDC I was supposed to work at. I will call her tomorrow, but honestly, I have no idea what to say to her. It's just a crazy time right now, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down. I just really hope I don't have to quit...




2 comments:
woah nelly - a baby? girl, I have one word for you CONDOMS AND BIRTH CONTROL! I guess thats technically 2 or maybe 3 words, but still you get the point. Dont rush the family thing. I know you will be an amazing mom but I truly believe you should enjoy being married and living overseas before having a baby. Life becomes a lot more hectic with a little one, and Im sure even more complex when your away from your family. Im preparing a package for you and MRM (I cant afford to ship 2 boxes right now, so by sending just one you can both get gifts from me - ingenious plan right? ya i know).
Love ya girl! do you skype? we need to skype! I need to get a mic 1st though lol
Are these the stairwells? TLS's parents were actually at Ramstein right before he was born (his mom PCS'd at like 8 months pregnant) and she said that it was not easy climbing those stairs! Just think of it as an insta-workout/butt lift!
Post a Comment