HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gndfkjhuehkajsdhekjdajhuhkjhjwaha!

I cannot wait to get on base. I'm sick of running up and down 3 flights of stairs to do laundry. I'm sick of the person who's laundry machine spills water all over the floor in the basement, which causes me to slip all over the place when I go to the basement to do laundry or switch it over. I can't wait to have a laundry machine in the same place where I live. I'm sick of the broken tiles on the stairs into the building. I'm sick of the landlord coming over unexpectedly, and if we don't answer the door within 3 second of him buzzing, he uses his key to come right in. I'm sick of the shower leaking, the rolladen to our patio being broken, the crack in the window, the mysterious dead bugs upstairs under the window, the yellow jackets that keep getting into the house even though the window is only open for the duration of showers.  I'm sick of the cracks in the walls and the lack of insulation. I'm sick of the light bulbs that give off so much heat, they should just be heaters, not lightbults. I'm sick of the lack of storage and no where to put all our stuff! I'm sick of the outrageous power bills that only estimates, but we have to pay the estimate weather or not we USE it all. The landlord gave over the other night and bitched out KR about the rent. He wants us to set us direct deposit to his account, but wrote all the directions on how to do it on the rental agreement IN GERMAN, even though he speaks English and even though he knows KR ONLY speaks English. I am pretty sure he hates us now, and I'm pretty sure he will be glad when we give him 30 days notice. I really hope we get an offer soon - and I really hope that it ISN'T on the fourth floor of stairwell housing. I really want to be on base housing before my mom comes to visit us - and I'd really like to hurry up and get settled because this unsettled lifestyle is really getting to me. We really, really need to sit down and get our budget and figured out, but unfortunately, the checks are STILL not accurate to what they should be. We have the down payment for the car put aside for now, and we're good with grocery shopping, etc for a few weeks. But our savings took a hit and that sucks because I really like to have things budgeted to a T and it's just not working that way yet. It really, really bugs me because we can't figure out how to give me access to the joint accounts online so I have no idea where we stand. I was really looking forward to working, but since I managed to get my fever the only day this week I had anything to do, I didn't go and now I have no idea when the next session will be and even less of an idea when I'll be able to start working officially. Not that it matters b/c our car isn't here yet and I can't drive the one we're borrowing so I'm not so sure we'd be able to start. Gonna have to get my license soon, though. Not looking forward to it... Gah. Maybe we should've bought a beater for now so we'd have 2 cars... I just didn't want to worry about maintaining 2 cars... Especially a beater. Plus all the other expenses we have to worry about...

Yes, you can call this freaking out. I've been doing it for a few days so far, because we can't seem to get our act together and it's really pissing me off because I feel so completely helpless right now. I am so not ready for all this!

1 comment:

AtlYankeeBelle said...

yes! I can leave a comment! w00t! its the little victories.

first of all - Im sending you a big southern hug, like the kind in gown with the wind because it sounds like you need it.

second, take a nice deep breath, maybe take a walk and get coffee or a sweet, something to get you out of the house.

third, it is all going to work out. no one ever said moving to germany was gonna be easy. no one ever said military life was easy. Theres a reason many people dont join or marry military, because its a hard life and not meant for everyone.

From talking with my other MW (military wife) friends, uncertainty is a pretty common thread in all military marriages. weather your living in the US and hes deployed for months at a time, or you live together but hes on a sub and there no communication for months.

try this for the next few days. every time you see a bug, or a crack, or the land lord bothers you, or whatever it may be, take a deep breath and lift your suffering up to God. He will take care of you and you will feel better!

If you ever need to talk, call/skype me (i have too much free time) so Im always available.