"Real life" seems to have hit hard, lately. Not just for us, it seems for all the people that we close with. Illnesses, marriages, babies, graduating colleges, deployments, job offers (or lack of), tight budgets, hospital visits... All in about a years time it went from carefree college life to that. How and why did that happen so suddenly?
In other news:
Baby's 32 week check up went well. Asked how she was sitting b/c I haven't been able to figure it out. Now I know. =)
Still deciding on what to do while hubby's gone for his deployment. There is a lot to consider, but I know one thing: I do not want to be alone here for 6 months (so thankful it's only 6 months). So now it's just figuring out the logistics on how to get back, how long to be gone, and stuff like that. I wish that I were strong enough to stay here the entire time so as not to affect the baby's schedule and not have to worry about traveling so far with a newborn, but I just don't think I have that kind of strength in me to manage. It's not like people will be able to afford to fly out and stay with me a few weeks at a time to help out. No, I'd go from couple with a newborn, to single mother in a foreign country with a newborn overnight. Quite literally.
We are also getting some bedroom furniture delivered tomorrow, yay for a real nightstands and a pretty dresser and mirror to put in our room! They didn't have the bed frame fully in stock, so we'll be searching for one to "match" later on. I don't mind eclectic furniture!
Guess it's dinner-making time... Any suggestions?




2 comments:
well I sure do hope you come back to the US! I want to see you & meet baby of course :)
as for dinner, I adore bigoven.com for recipes etc
It's too bad I'm not in Germany as planned! I'd totally come and be a house keeper or something for you!
it sucks they're sending him off right when the baby is due...that's just doesn't seem right at all. You'd think they'd consider things like that!
Post a Comment