HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, well, well.

Just truckin' along with life. Trying to keep my energy up, so that I can be productive and get this place organized and pretty and everything else.

Currently on my list of cute things I want to buy:

1. Those cute flower chair pads I saw at the German furniture store... Seriously, I want them, but I feel stupid asking KR if we can go back just to buy 40 euro worth of super cute chair pads...
2. Quote wall decal for the wall we wanted the wavey mirrors on, but are not able to put ANY kind of screw/nail into that wall (ugh). Also managed to find some I want for OUR room... and maybe for the baby's room too... At least they aren't that expensive!
3. A bed in a bag for us, b/c we just have sheets and an awesome down comforter, but it's almost too warm for the down comforter, and a bedskirt would be nice to hide our box spring now that we have some real furniture.
4. A 16x24 picture frame for our giant wedding picture.
5. Lamps for our new nightstands, though this isn't a huge deal, as we have a lamp that serves it's purpose, but is definitely not something we want for long term! ...I'd love Dale Tiffany lamps, but I worry about them being moved and such. They are still gorgeous, none the less, no matter how expensive they are... I just LOVE the blown glass.

I want this place looking less institutional and more homey before KR leaves. I don't need a LOT of decorations, but enough so that it seems that we are actually "moved in," and comfortable in our space, and settled instead of stuck in limbo. That stability, I need now more than ever - even if it's just stuff on the walls... It really, really helps with me being stuck home a lot. Esp. now that KR is working 6a-6p everyday until further notice - no days off or anything scheduled), so spending more time alone in the house with not very much to do get to me. I am at least being somewhat productive instead of just being bored and depressed like before, but my energy drains quickly, and I can't get as much done as I want too.

I have plenty of other lists that I need to get accomplished (but first MADE, haha) but it seems rather daunting at this point as I see so much needs to get done with so little time left.

1 comment:

AtlYankeeBelle said...

have you checked out etsy.com? really cute stuff and not too $$. and if they wont ship to an APO you can send it to me and ill pass it along :)