HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crazy Week, Only 4 Months Left.

Ok. Sooo. Crazy Week. I don't think it's going to get any better on the chaos train for quite some time.

But to the GOOD news, first:

So my cousin is going much better - so thanks to those who visited her and kept her and her family in their prayers. She is still in the ICU, but has been declared infection free, cancer free, and is off all life-supporting measures. She is awake and stable on her own, despite the unlikelihood. They are keeping an eye on her for a few days, and hoping to do her stem cell transplant as soon as she's strong enough.

Monday night, KR found out just before bed that his dog at his mom's house was put down. So he went to bed rather upset, and of course didn't sleep well.

Tuesday morning was no walk in the park, either.

Monday night, KR informed me he had so not so great news to share with me, and I avoided it fearing the worst. I've been having that "feeling" lately, and didn't want to be depressed all night when he said the words. I ended up being wrong about THIS news, but the nagging feeling still got me.

So Tuesday when he got home, I was sitting on the floor going through my millions of coupons, and asked him how his day was. "I've had better," he says. He sits down next to me (though on the couch), and starts... stroking? my arm. In a clingy way. I immediately knew something was up - not because he was being sweet, he is really great at that, but because something was off. I said, reluctantly, "Why are you being clingy?" He replies:

"Well, you know how you always want Chik-fil-a? Well, there might be a way for you to have it soon..."

My eyes widen, my heart sinks, my face drops. "WHY" It wasn't a question; I already knew the answer. He looks down.

"I was tasked for my deployment today."

4 months. We have approximately 4 months before we have to say goodbye - again. Only this time, I'm left in a foreign country with a newborn. Sure, it's shorter this time than in the past - but now we are married, we will have a baby, and he will be in the Middle East, not Europe. And don't even get me started on all the things he will miss.

Note: for those of you who know me in real life, please keep this low-key, off facebook, and to yourself for now. We haven't told everybody in our families yet, and for obvious reasons, we are not looking forward to it.

No comments: