HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things are moving fast

Wow. Even just a few short days ago, things were completely different from right now.  Monday. We had no car, just our awesome zebra painted car rental. Monday I had no idea about a job. Monday moving on base was a fleeting thought in our heads that we did not take seriously... Not any time soon anyways.

Today we were approved for our loan for the new car. That was... scary. Debt... scares me. And we can do it. But it's still scary. Thank God for KR's promotion.

I got all my paperwork sent off for my application. Tomorrow there is a job fair  where I could interview on the spot.  Who knows what kind of job could come from that... Or how quickly that could happen. Everything just seems to be snowballing.

On that note, we had to stop by the housing office today to drop off some paperwork for us being married now. We decided to ask about getting on base because if we buy a new car - there is no second car for me. There is no junker. This is it. So we either have to carpool or figure something out.  So the base we want has a 7 month-1 year wait. Pointless for us. The other base is 2-3 WEEKS. That was much faster than I expected. We didn't put our names on the list we decided to talk about it, but there are plenty of pros and cons that make it quite challenging to make that decision. We are going to see what happens with my job... and then make the final on-base decision. Right now it sounds like it's more than likely going to happen. I think we both knew in the long run, it was just a matter of time... But it's coming up faster than we thought. We just talked about tomorrow and if they have jobs that I want on the base that we'll be living at, we're going to put our names on that list and get things going. My first official military move! How scary. And yet, the prospect of having our lives more organized and settled is really exciting. Our apartment is a complete disaster - still - because we don't have storage in our apartment, except the very little FMO furniture we have.  And we can't afford to really buy anything else so here we sit, tables covered in crap, a second bedroom filled with everything that has no home. And me trying to figure out where exactly it's all going to go! Oh boy, I can't wait until we get everything together because then I think we'll be able to manage things so much easier! I really need some motivation, and it's just gone for now! Gah!

I can't believe how much has changed in the past 24 hours!

No comments: