HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Newbie in Life

Seriously. It's taken me HOURS to get this damn thing set up. And all I wanted was a place to get my thoughts out! And now I begin to type the page of my life for complete strangers to see - or perhaps nobody at all. I don't really care. I just need to process the thoughts somehow.

I cannot believe how much my life has changed in the past 3 months.  I have been out of work officially since April, unofficially since the beginning of February. I am about going mad from being home some much.  I got married, I moved to the other side of the pond. I have officially become second to my husband's job, but that's part of the territory. It's taken a whole 2+ months of being here to get the paperwork done, but it is done and I officially am able to start applying for jobs and getting some things in order.

Unfortunately, we got in a car accident last week and everything's up in the air now.  We don't know if we'll be able to keep the car or have to buy a new one - and either way, we're struggling until the next paycheck and will have to play catch up for a few months until we can feel a little more "safe."

I feel like a complete outsider here. We don't live on base. I don't have a license. I don't know which direction is which. Life is so depressing lately, but I know it's just temporary. I love being here for my husband, and he is so amazing to me, and I am so fortunate for everything.  But I think I'm eager for some changes that will make my life a lot more comfortable. It's so exhausting being continuously on the outside. Or maybe I'm just exhausted because we're still sleeping on the government issued bed that's only a full size bed and as hard as a rock. Our mattress is FINALLY able to be delivered because the road is FINALLY semi-open to traffic. That's only taken a month and a half... I am so stoked for our mattress, you don't even know! We have been talking about getting on the waiting list to get on base. I think it's growing on the hubs because of everything that keeps breaking at our apartment. It's so roomy, 3 beds/2 baths, and to get on base we will downgrade to 2 beds/1bath but I just need some sort of... independence? I could potentially end up walking to work - how great would that be?! And I'd be near places to go and things like that. We have NO STORAGE in this place, and as a result, one bedroom is entirely dedicated to everything we don't have a place for. It's just strewn in there... a huge mess. I never even got to clean that room because it was that way when I got here. I'm so scared to see how much dust and shit is living in there... I just need to feel more comfortable in my surroundings. I know kyle thinks I'm absolutely crazy, but I am trying too hard to keep this place a little too clean and some things are really bothering me because I just physically cannot keep it the way I'd like too...

Wowsers, let the stereotypical bitching blogger begin! That was not my intent when I set out on this endeavor though. If you read this, congrats - I really am a happy person, just need to get some thoughts out there!

No comments: