HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Savor the Moment

Ok, sooo our new car is on order. (Grand Prix, may you rest in peace.) We bought a 2010 Ford Fusion in sport metallic blue. We are very excited!

On Wednesday, there was a job fair on base, and I only found out about it on Monday when I got an email back from the application I put in last week. So KR took me to the fair and I went to the Child Development Center on V booth to interview. I handed her my app. and my resume and the fact that I had a degree was the first thing she saw. She immediately told me more info about the center and that they could start me off as a program assistant - 03, which is just the level I'll be at. Not quite sure if I'll be in charge of planning or anything, but there's definitely time for that in the next 2ish years that we'll be there.

So that's more paperwork I have to do... I don't know when I'm starting quite yet, either.

And on that note, with the whole buying-of-a-new-car, that means having a second car is out of the picture, so I won't be able to drive to work.  We could carpool but that would be REALLY hard b/c KR has a set schedule and I will  not.  So we are now on the list for base housing on V so I can simply walk to work. Being on base has it's up and downs, but I'm really excited for it - and Kyle kind of is, too. So in the next few months, we'll have to getting prepared to move! We're losing some space, a loft, bedroom, and a bathroom - but we don't use the loft or 3rd bedroom as it is... At ALL. For anything. Plus, there's ceiling fans, and plenty of storage space on base, and laundry that's actually in the apartment as opposed to in the basement. Most importantly, it allows me to work - and to get organized. Both of which will really help us to get life moving more smoothly.

On another note, it's a Saturday and they're doing construction outside? I am so confused... But maybe we need to move the car...

No comments: