This week is my first harsh lesson is housewifery.
Bryce started staying with us Thursday, and he will gracing us with his presence until Friday morning when he leaves us for good. =/ He is a cool guy, so I am not at all bothered by his company. However, I really am noticing how LAZY I am since being home all day. My typical day includes: Wake up late, eat bowl of cereal, sit on computer, eat lunch. Watch tv or sit on computer, talk on the phone, shower, or start laundry or something little like that. 3pm, hubby gets home, he wants to be lazy since he worked all day, so again, watch tv... If we have to go shopping, that's when we'll do it. I'll start dinner around 5-6, depending on if we go out. I'll cook dinner, put dishes away, tidy up the kitchen, and after dinner I crash. Literally... Can't move, I get so tired. (I really hope I don't have gestational diabetes.) I clean whenever I get energetic and feel like cleaning, which usually happens at like 11pm at night, and then I end up going to bed late which puts me sleeping late. LOL. The house is generally clean, laundry is kept up with, and the floors aren't covered is crap. The place is presentable to guests, just mostly small paperwork piles that get away from us. I just simply used to be far more OCD about my dorm room and such... Everything had it's place, and once a week I cleaned the entire room, straightened up all the "clutter" and it almost always looked great.
I have NOT been able to get myself on any sort of weekly or daily "tidying" up schedule, and I know that it would help me SO MUCH. Even making lists of "things to do" each day doesn't work. I will get some things done, but I can't seem to complete an entire list in one day. I know I'm just rather bored being home and with seemingly so much "time" on my hands, I put it off. I hope I get more motivated when the baby comes.
Anyways, with another boy in the house, it's like feeding two teenage boys with endless appetites. KR's easy - either that or I'm slowly starving him. Bryce eats about twice as much at a meal as KR does, and it always amazed me how much KR ate! We used half of the 4 pound bag of chicken breasts last night. HALF! For 3 people! ...And there's supposed to be 16 servings of chicken in that bag.
That being said, I'm cooking lunches and dinners now, pots & pans are constantly being cleaned b/c I only have a few, and since we have company, I'm more aware of the dust bunnies hiding behind doors. Yesterday, I cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, swiffer vac'd and swiffer mopped all the floors, cooked lunch... and then I crashed... The boys were confused why I was hiding in our bedroom on the computer... (Because I was so tired I could barely function!) And then no sooner I finish up, Bryce starts cooking dinner. At least he was doing the cooking this time, but I still felt obligated to keep him some company and tidy up while he was cooking. My back was killing me at that point, and I was hobbling around. Then came the cooking the sides, setting the table, cleaning up table, the pots & pans, and the kitchen. It's no wonder I slept for 10 hours last night and only woke up 3x! This is going to be one hectic week! And through the whole day, all I kept thinking was:
"This is going to be the rest of your life...."
Even if I work, Lord knows I'll still be the one cooking and cleaning up everyday.
How on earth do these OCD women do it?!




No comments:
Post a Comment