HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Up late, wide awake.

The boys all went to bed around 11. I felt kinda bad b/c I went to talk to KR before bed, and when I left the room to go clean up the kitchen and living room and such, Bryce had already turned out the lights and closed the door. I probably annoyed him while I finished cleaning up, but as we have like no clean dishes, I had to at least get the dishwasher running. I saved the pots & pans for later. So now I am on the desktop in our room sitting in the dark while KR sleeps... and I finally have some people online to chat with! Yay!

In other news... every time we think we catch a break, life says, "Aha! Fuck you! Thought you were gonna get ahead, huh? Think again!" ...That being said, KR's on standby, and as I think I've mentioned before - standby sucks. He got called into work to check on something, and as it turns out, the person who posted the thing he had to check on... screwed up, so basically, he didn't NEED to go into work at all on Monday night.... On his way home, some lovely jackass dropped scrap metal on the road just outside housing. He swerved. And BAM. Our back tire was completely shredded. The front tire got a gouge, but not puncture - and the rim is beat up.

The car doesn't even have 8k miles yet (despite the road trips we've taken), and we already NEED 2 new tires and a new rim. And of course, the BX doesn't have the tire we need in stock - but we can "special order" them for $240/tire. I'm sorry, are we buying tires for an SUV? This is a standard full size car... Since when does it cost over 500 bucks to buy a pair of tires?! I've never paid more than 250 for a pair  including the warranty and installation! The Ford dealer wants 960 euro for 2 tires and 1 rim.... So we're ordering online.

But of course, because we need ONE rim, KR wants to buy all 4 rims (b/c no one has the rim we already have and he wants them to match; I don't blame him, but it all adds up quick!). He even through around the idea of getting all 4 tires and holding on the 2 semi-used tires as spares instead of a spare for a spare. Ugh. This whole thing is becoming more like a grand to fix.

Have I mentioned the whole "finance figured out they were overpaying us so now we're not getting paid at all for 2-3 months while they take their money back" thing? We did put aside the money we got that was extra, but it's still depressing watching our savings go bye-bye. I'm crunching numbers now in our budget to see how much we can afford and which accounts to take it from. KR was looking at another credit card (NO WAY.), I'm thinking... use the Christmas & late wedding gift money we got a few weeks ago. We had wanted to use the next couple months to be extra stingy and add to our savings. We still might be able to, I just don't QUITE know where we stand, so math it is... at 1245am! Good news is: the big stuff for baby is bought: crib, pack n play, stroller/car seat, sheet set... so we weren't planning on buying anything expensive for her in the next couple months. Us on the other hand... Would've been nice to finally order the pictures we need for our frames, and the frames we need for our pictures... But I guess we can live with all white boring walls a little longer...

Oooorrrr maybe I will just suck it up and we'll do both, because the all white boring walls are, well, really boring, and I rather enjoy a homey home!

No comments: