HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm a Bitch, I'm a Lover, I'm a Child, I'm a Mother

Last night, the hubs and I went through Zune going through old 90s music (and some way earlier), and we reminisced the music of our childhood, our adolescence, singing, dancing, enjoying ourselves... and as I sit here, listening to Meredith Brook's "I'm a Bitch" I realize how this song is so completely true, I can't help but forget how much music used to be a part of my life.

It was my life, my emotions. I used to belt out Britney and Nsync, and then bust out to Nelly, Blink-182, and Bon Jovi all in the same listening session... I grew up listening to "oldies" and can appreciate Elvis, The Beatles, and countless others, but still love anything that can make me dance, no matter how shameful it may be. (Selena Gomez, anyone?)

I miss the therapy music provided, the escape, the energy, the company while doing boring jobs around the house... chores, homework... I miss actual CDs!

Actually, as soon as we move, I'm taking all mine back and going back to buying CDs.

What do you expect?

This is the girl that bought the Grease Soundtrack on record at an antique shop.

No comments: