HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

How to Survive a PCS: About a Month to Go!

Well, the majority of the hell is over!

A couple weeks ago, we got our car detailed, and shipped it off! And like we had hoped, it should arrive where we sent it while we are on leave, and so we can save ourselves a couple extra flights back and forth. Thank God!

We are currently renting a little Ford Fiesta, which is cute, a little cramped, and a stick shift so I can't drive anyways, but we can say that it's too small for us - at least with a child who still sits rear-facing. It's definitely awesome having a car that actually fits comfortably in those tiny German parking spots, though!

After the car was sent off, it was time to get these organized and packed up - for reals! I honestly don't think I've been quite that stressed in a long time. And to top it off, we all managed to catch a bug that slowed us down and made our attitudes a little less enthusiastic.

I am pretty OCD, and I have an issue with other people touching my stuff, so I wanted this to be as organized as possible for the movers.

What needed to be done:

1) Had to decide what we were keeping, and what we were getting rid of.
2) Paperwork organized & set aside
3) Bags packed for when we move
4) What is going in unaccompanied separated from the other 2 piles

In addition, I also wanted:

1) Just about everything out of all cabinets/drawers so they just had to pack what was out.
2) Clutter/papers organized, sold, or otherwise GONE.
3) Electronics/other delicate items packed except the final strip of tape.
4) Pictures of serial numbers and items of value


This is what our place looked like 2 weeks before the movers:


This is what our place looked like 2 days before the movers:



This is what our place looked like 1 day before the movers:


This is what our place looked like a couple hours before the movers:

This is what our place looked like while the movers were here:


This is the living room, though - not our bedroom. My camera got stuck in a cabinet behind a pile of boxes most of the day...

And this is what all your stuff looks like as it gets put in a truck:

And the truck as it prepares to drive away... Not to be seen - or it's contents - for likely 2 months.



No comments: