Well, it's good to see that things are finally coming together...
Kind of.
Monday morning, the hubbin called me (woke me up) to inform me he needed me to run to base. Since we are PCSing next year, I've already had to do some errands for him to get his paperwork going... so half asleep, this is what I assume, and ask him what he needs me to do. He said, "I need to you to stop by the passport office and pick up her passport."
YES! It came!
I replied, "Yeah, I can do that."
I get there. They tell me it's "very important" that I go to the OTHER passport office to get some card. I figure, ok, it's a card, how long can it take? So I head over there the next day - early, since I wanted to get my errands done early.
They were closed. Turns out, they are only open 2 and a half hours for 4 days a week - that's ONLY 10 hours/week and they process all army passports, and now have to take all the AF cards, too! Upon further research online, I discover that the average wait time there is 3 hours to be seen! 3 hours! All I needed was this damn card!
I return the next day (early, before they open) and was seen right away. The entire thing took me less than 5 minutes since I already had a passport.... and just needed the card to go in it. But without this card I can't leave.
I discovered Thursday night, when signing up to take a military flight... that they screwed up said card. They transcribed her pp# incorrectly, so now I have to go back AGAIN and hope I luck out and don't have to wait 3 hours so they can fix THEIR mistake. Grrr. 4 trips to 2 passport offices for this? Ridiculous!
I am slowly getting things taken care of, but the house is still a mess, and I still have a hefty to-do list before I leave. It's essentially a stand-by flight I'm taking (have you seen how expensive flights are to/from Europe - let alone LAST MINUTE flights to/from Europe?!), and they are entirely unpredictable (as they should be given they are military flights), so therefore, it's all just a shot in the dark if I get out when I want to or not. I have a narrow window of when I can be met at the airport though, and the airport will not be my final destination, so I'm starting to get a little stressed out!
Which is a total understatement!
But [some] plans are starting to come together, and that is getting me really excited! I can't wait to FINALLY be back stateside with family, friends - and most importantly, a support system!




No comments:
Post a Comment