Even putting aside the world news, it's still been a crazy past few days...
An update on my cousin: Not good. =( She still has cancer, I assume the infections are still there, and the doctors have informed them there is nothing left they can do. Haven't heard anything since this update. I know she wants to go home, as she's been in the hospital since November - but I guess she is unable to walk at this point, and they probably won't let her leave until she can. She is a strong one, from a line of very strong and stubborn women, so we know the fight isn't over... But the set backs are very exhausting.
I honestly don't even remember this weekend, but I feel like we were busy. KR had of Friday; Thursday night we went out to eat Mexican (my request!) and it was DELICIOUS. That night I started hurting - and have been ever since. I am definitely limping about, but I really think it's because of the pain more than anything.
We did make it to Mass yesterday (yay!) but, I'm sad to report that I did not make it THROUGH Mass. There is no A/C here, and the room was fairly crowded. I started feeling funny, kinda light-headed, was hurting whether I stood or sat, and I could feel my feet swelling. I forced myself to make it through Communion - and then we left. As soon as the fresh air hit me, I felt instantly better. I also have no been able to really sleep at night. I hurt, so rolling over/getting out of bed hurts, I can't get comfy, and apparently, I have some sort of allergy that leaves me stuffy and unable to breath (enough) through my nose. I wake up short of oxygen, hurting, needing to potty, or just plain uncomfortable. And lately, sometimes I can't fall BACK asleep, no matter how tired I really am, and just give up and hope I can catch a nap later. I know I need to get my sleep while I can, so it's VERY frustrating that I'm not able to anymore.
Today was my 38 week appointment. It went surprisingly well. I was measuring 37cm, which is smaller than what I measured 2 weeks ago when I was a tad big. Baby must have been sitting weird or who knows! Since I had been hurting, I decided to go ahead and get the internal exam, dreading it. Yeah, it's not very pleasant. Didn't quite expect that. Either way, I sit at 1cm dilated, 75% effaced... which more than likely is WHY I started hurting... The doctor seemed surprised at that progress. The doctor said she even got a feel of the baby's head, which the baby did not like and kicked me when that happened. I, too, didn't like it, for the record.
Either way, could be any day, could be stuck like this for weeks. So we'll just see. Better get that bag together, though, just in case...




1 comment:
still cant quite believe your going to have a baby!!!
Post a Comment