HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dilemma.

I was invited to a playgroup tomorrow morning.  On the one hand, I am thrilled - people to talk to! On the other hand, I don't have a kid yet, so I will be sitting around gabbing with moms about mom stuff when I won't have any other mom stuff to bring to the conversation - unless of course they ask about my pregnancy, and I really don't have much to say about it. It is such a strange place to be - between single/couply friends, and friends with kids. I'm not ready for endless discussions about poop (unless of course, it's in my place of work) and types of formula and such. Plus, I HATE meeting people - especially alone. I tend to get panic attacks. I don't want that... And this could be extra anxiety-filled as this will be a glimpse of what the rest of my life will be, and as excited as I am, sometimes, I just canNOT handle the realization that life will never be the same... especially as the women plan who's child they're going to grow up dating, in a hypothetical world.

I really need to break out of my shell, grow some balls, and go meet some people. I hate being home, I hate meeting people. And I am a military wife. I am - quite frankly - fucked.

But I have a blood test on Friday - isn't taking that needle like a champ enough stress for one week?

2 comments:

AtlYankeeBelle said...

Go for it! Think about how brave you've been already? you moved to europe, got married, planned a wedding, your having a baby! Your one of the bravest people I know miss, so just take a deep breath and jump in. They have all been where you are, and trust me, when baby comes your gonna want all the advice and support you can get.

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I say go. A lot of women there will probably have more than one child which means they will have lots of real-world experience and can give you tips on the rest of your pregnancy and then for when you are a mommy. Plus it's a good opportunity to try out this playgroup to see if it's a good fit for you for when you do have to find a playgroup.