Well, things are coming along! I cannot believe how quickly that 4 day weekend flew by! And we really didn't even do anything awesome with it. KR got home early on Wednesday and so we ended up going to the BX and buying lots of stuff. Found some rugs for the bedrooms, a mattress for the crib, a George Foreman Grill, and a baby monitors that weren't ridiculously expensive. Needless to say, I didn't get my pies done for Thanksgiving the day before like I had planned... and so when I woke up around noon on Thursday (I have been sleeping SO MUCH the past few weeks! Saturday, I woke up after 12 hours of sleep feeling so motivated! I cleaned the house, got laundry going, made lunch, made home made croutons, and after 2 hours I crashed and needed a nap. Pitiful!) I only had a couple hours to get the pies made. I was very,well, angry that morning. KR woke me up, and it was snowing. Snow is pretty and all, but we were planning on walking to our friends' place and currently, my winter coat is at it's end of this pregnancy - and I don't have any kind of boot yet, so I was pretty angry that it HAD to snow the day I had to walk outside and me falling? Not such a good idea. Not to mention the pop and pies we had to carry to their house as well. Anyways, so of course, our lovely European oven was too small to cook 2 pies in it at one time, so I had to cook them separately. And of course, each pie took almost twice as long as the recipe called for and so we were late. Didn't realize the pies were supposed to sit a while either, so one pie was still warm when it came time to cut them. It really wasn't a big deal in the end because there was so much food - and the same goes with being late. We were late, but the food was no where near ready yet so at least we didn't miss out on food, just company, and that was fine in the end. We had a good time, and had some pie to take home =)
Friday we ordered a computer and I ordered KR's Christmas gift, which may or may not get here by Christmas. And it's more likely that it won't. Yet another reason why being based overseas sucks. But we'll see what happens.
We started putting up the tree that day, and realized quite quickly that we didn't have enough lights for the tree. We also moved some stuff around and managed to get the rug down in our room. Friday, again, we went to the BX and picked up some little things we needed, but not everything, and by the time we got home, I crashed. I was done. Saturday, I don't even remember what we did... And Sunday, we finished up with as much of the tree that we could (We don't have ornament hangers and the BX was out of them AND paperclips - and I don't have string.) and watched the Bears game - and they won! Yay!
I guess that's really it for now. Nothing too exciting going on, just slowly getting my energy back and getting this place put together. Today, however, I don't see that happening. I am dragging today, and I'm hungry but I don't really want food. Still haven't gained weight, and I've lost 1.5 pounds in the past 2 days. Baby, what are you doing to me?! Hopefully, I'll find something that my tummy will like here soon.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment