Well, this blog comes a little late, but it was a crazy week last week. KR was going in early/coming home late, still have an apartment to get straightened out, I've STILL been nauseas most days (and boy, is it getting OLD), and it's been gloomy. I never used to have a problem with the cool, cloudy, dreary days, but perhaps I'm noticing it far more as I'm tied up in the apartment all day. KR still is working 10-7, so the majority of my day is spent alone and it looks like it's dusk all day long.
We got the rest of our Christmas decorations, and the BX totally reamed us for lights and ornaments, and the wrapping paper was so expensive, I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money. In addition, we are looking for baby stuff, which we all know is expensive (and hard to come by on base with all those pregnant women wandering around), and we need to get a number of furniture items before February (b/c they're taking the rest of our FMO stuff away) and a new phone (hopefully with an answering machine and a flash button) and a new desktop computer. Our list of wants right now is pretty high, and with all the moving and changing in finances, we STILL don't have a budget in place, which sucks b/c hey, it's Christmas time and we really need to have an idea about what we can do for the holidays. My guess? We'll barely afford some gifts for each other, and Christmas cards, and everybody else is going to get nothing. Sucks, but our house still looks very white and boring, and that probably contributes to the gloomy days that I have.
I have to say, I am very, very glad we live on/near a large base because after spending a week in Camp Darby, Italy, it's safe to say, I would absolutely go BONKERS there. Most places are closed Sunday and Monday, they have weird hours, and the entire base is itty bitty. The bx is like the size of a Walgreens. The comissary actually ran out of MILK. Italy was a good time though, and I'm so glad we had the chance to go, even if it was all football. The boys won their championship, too, so it was a pretty exciting week. Now, we are back home, trying to get this place put together, and figure out where money is coming from.
Now, I get to go put a spread sheet together for all the finances, and make a list for the doctor tomorrow and for shopping tonight, and of course, do coupons since I am so far behind, and saving money needs to be a top priority right now.




No comments:
Post a Comment