HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 10, 2013

Cooking Experiments: Guilt Free Banana Muffins

I love muffins.

Ok... I love bread!

So any time I can find a way to have bread that tastes amazing and doesn't make you feel guilty for eating carbs, I am all on that.

This recipe comes courtesy of my Betty Crocker App (which has actually led me to some pretty amazing recipes!), and I'll admit. I was a little skeptical at first...

There is not much flour, no oil, and no added sugar. And it's delicious!!! (Even 2 year old approved!)



What you need

2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1.5 cups mashed banana (apx. 3 bananas)
1 egg white (or 1 whole egg)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.



2. Mash banana. Note: You must be accurate on how much banana you have. Since this is both your sugar & oil, you need enough or the batter will be very dry. If you don't have enough bananas, you can use natural applesauce - or even pumpkin puree!



3. Add egg white (or whole egg - I used the whole egg) & vanilla.





4. Mix all ingredients. Pour in cupcake tins. (My batter only made 10 muffins.)



5. Bake at 365 for 15-17 minutes.
6. Cool completely before eating. Unless you are impatient (like me). They will stick to the cupcake liner until it has completely cooled.


And for an added twist, try adding diced fruit (or chocolate chips) in the batter - this time I used raspberries!

No comments: