Well, moving season quickly approaches, and this will be our first official move together. Lucky us, it's an overseas move, making this process a whole lot more fun.
After we got married, and I had to move to Germany with the hubs, it was literally: stuff as much into my suitcases as I could, and that's what I had to start my life with KR. Needless to say, I still have stuff at my mom's house and at my sister's house, across the country from one another. Yikes! We also literally had zero furniture when we got here. Thank God for BooKoo!
BooKoo is a lot like Craig's List, but simply for areas surrounding military bases (with most bases having it's own URL. This one is for our area.) This website has been a lifesaver for us, because we were able to buy a lot of our furniture from other military families who either were moving, or had no room in their new European houses. This is how we attained our so very comfortable couches (however dated and striped they may be), our solid kitchen table with seating for 6, the rocking chair for the baby's room, our TV stand, and various decorations or baby items. We probably spent $500 max for all of those items combined, and we're picky, so we wouldn't just buy any old thing to have something. [Things we refused to buy used: our mattress, the baby's crib, car seat, stroller, mattress for the crib, things like that for safety or grossness factors.] In any case, I know people in the area are very thankful for this website because you can swipe a lot of high priced items for reasonable prices (or sometimes even free!) and all you have to do is pick it up!
So this is my project. A couple weeks ago, I took pictures of some stuff we were ready to get rid of (an old printer, some 220v phones, baby stuff we never used/she didn't like), and listed them on the website to (hopefully) sell to other people needing the stuff. So far not much luck, but to be honest, with all the crazy starting with visitors in just a couple days, this is not a high priority anymore.
But at least we're getting there!
I should probably be a lot more organized right now (and using this nap time to clean/organize rather than write a blog post), but we have visitors coming in just a couple days, trips planned, and I am so excited! For the next 5 (yes 5!) weeks we will have company, and will be in and our of the area.
So, I'd say I'm on par for keeping sane for this move. Keep my distractions around and travel a bunch before we leave Germany!
God help us.




No comments:
Post a Comment