HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update!

Oh my, this is really hard to do... keep a blog, while taking care of a little one and managing a house (if only a small one) all by myself.  Some days, I am just so lucky to get a shower and perhaps eat 3 meals. Never mind clean anything.

That being said, I'm sure you can guess that we STILL don't have her passport, and even though we went and tried to find out if there's a way to get it faster (there's not), they are still adamantly telling us another 4-8 weeks. This, unfortunately, puts me leaving at the beginning of September (at the earliest!) - no matter what - and that severely (for lack of a better word) fucks with all my tentative plans! I am not a happy camper, and neither are many other people in the states anxiously awaiting when they can FINALLY hold their grandchild.

The part that irks me that most is that had we applied for her passport in the states at a passport office, we would've gotten in back in a month, tops. Not only that, but had we wanted to, we would've been able to pay an extra fee and had it expedited (we would have) and it would have been returned to us in a week or two, tops! Here, where we are most desperately wanting her passport for the sole reason of returning 2 heartbroken, love-sick Americans to their families in AMERICAN for support while the husband is deployed, I must wait an excruciating 3-4 months in a foreign country all by my lonesome self. It's not like I can go to Target one day and Kohl's the next, and the mall the day after that. I have the BX and the commissary to occupy my time, and both get rather old rather quickly. I may have a few friends, but they all have their own things to do that it's difficult to set up anything too often. I also don't have much going on to pass the time quickly. Yes, I'm busy b/c of the baby, but it gets very monotonous and never being able to take a break really wears on you! It's not like I can plan little day trips (b/c I'm deathly afraid to drive anywhere other than where I absolutely must go) or have people coming to visit me to break up the weeks. Had we been stationed in the states, I'd have plenty of people to visit me should I have chosen to stay home - better yet, I wouldn't have had to wait a painful amount of time to travel because I could just get on a plane and GO!

It makes me so upset sometimes that I am so stranded... You don't even know. I just want to get home to my family. Why is that so much to ask?

1 comment:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I have been feeling insanely homesick lately too. We should get together for lunch or coffee one time.