Well, this time last year, the hubby & I were on the Autobahn on our way to Bavaria to stay in Edelweiss! What a big change this year! This weekend, it's gloomy, rainy, I am in Germany with the baby, hubby is "in the shit" as we so affectionately call it.
That being said, I decided to throw myself a party! Well, as much of a party as a bunch of moms can really have, anyways. Even still, I'm drinking! Huzzah!
I have spent today spastically preparing for company. I got the cake make, but must still decorate it. I have the house cleaned, just need to tidy up a few lose things here & there. I still need to make the spaghetti & meatballs & marshmallow salad - hoping to have most of everything ready before people arrive tomorrow evening so I can enjoy my company, rather than cooking the entire time! I also must put out my meager decorations, and run to the commissary! And perhaps get gas. But we'll see...
Needless to say, caffeine has been my friend this week, or else it would be impossible to get the whole place ready to go! It seriously has taken me all week to get this place clean! How sad...
And Monday, my actual birthday, I will be celebrating by being "that mom" and dragging my 2.5 month old to see Harry Potter with me!
Sooo excited!




No comments:
Post a Comment