HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Awkward. & The Princess Diaries

So, it became very obvious very quickly that a new solution to Evelyn's somewhat temporary sleeping arrangements was necessary.  She was screaming & fussing 2-3 hours every time I put her down for a nap or bed time. She was obviously tired, so I didn't understand why she was fighting it... And then it dawned on me.

She sleeping in a pack & play.

Which is basically cardboard on top of metal rods.

We were scared to transition to a toddler bed in my mother's not-so-toddler proof house, so thankfully, amazon came to my rescue! I researched solutions to my problem and came across a mattress sized to fit a pack & play.

But that pesky shipping takes so long... So I upgraded to the trial of amazon prime (amazing, by the way, if you have an extra $79/year to blow)

And voila! 2 days later, a mattress - and a sleeping, un-cranky child.

Praise God!

But with that amazing trial of amazon prime - besides the free 2 day shipping - came the streaming of movies and tv shows.

I found myself drawn towards MTV's Awkward. Because. You know. I'm awkward.


Instantly I was drawn in, experiencing a slight crush on one of the male characters, and that same giddy feeling when you read The Princess Diaries, especially book three.

I watched all of Awkward. in a matter of days. My mom, catching snip its from the show, was starting to worry about my mental health. Me? I was loving it!

So much so, I had my mom, who works at a library, check out The Princess Diaries for me to read. Again. Because... why not?  I am currently on number 8 of 10.  And just as I remembered, everything is so giddy, so dramatic, and such a big deal.

And it makes me smile.

No comments: