HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pinterest Fun: Pumpkin Cupcakes!

So I have been attempting various recipes I've found off Pinterest. It's been really fun, and so far I think they've all been keepers, though some became instant faves while others not so much.

So here's a tid bit of my cooking excitement!

~~~~~~~~~~


Adapted from Sweet-Verbena, this recipe I'm was from my "Fall" pin board, meaning... PUMPKIN!!! I am, of course, obsessed with all things pumpkin, like most people this time of year, and lucky for me, I found the easiest most delicious recipe for pumpkin cupcakes!

Before the mixing.

This recipe calls for: 1 box of cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin puree. EASY PEASY! Upon reading the comments, I opted for a spice cake mix. Surprisingly, it really did mix well together!

Yes, my hand mixer is Tangerine. And I love it. Ask my husband.

I decided to thin out the batter (It was the consistency of amazingly awesome frosting.) with some skim milk (probably no more than 1/4c), and I added extra spices (Nutmeg, Allspice, & Cinnamon) because I like my pumpkin spice to be spicy!

Seriously could eat this uncooked. It was delicious.

I also forced all that batter into 1 cupcake pan, because I didn't have enough time for 2 - They don't expand, so it worked really well if you love HUGE cupcakes! (Note: I have also tried this recipe in "bar" form, which was also delicious. I mixed that batch by hand, and the texture was not as good - so I recommend using the hand mixer!)

Finally, I mixed up some confectioner's sugar & water to put a thin glaze of sweet over the top. It didn't look so pretty, but it was the perfect amount of sweetness. Also, this recipe would make an incredible dessert bread - it is such a moist, thick texture. It's just luscious.

Final product! You can't tell, but they do have a light frosting on them.

This was definitely a keeper!!! Everyone enjoyed this delicious snack/dessert, even the baby!

No comments: