1. Being Alone. By which, I mean, the unthinkable. Being a military wife with a husband deployed, you can draw your conclusions.
2. School shooting. Oh wait. I've lived through this one before...
3. Stopped in traffic on the highway and need to pee, but no cars are moving at all. Yes, this is for real.
4. Spiders. (Really just bugs/animals that can cause pain or death...) One day, at our old apartment in Germany, there was a GIANT spider on the eve of the ceiling. It was so high up in the ceiling that we couldn't reach it to just spray it/kill it. We attempted to hit it by standing on furniture and trying to smoosh it with a swiffer. It fell. Into our COUCH. And we couldn't get it out to confirm it was dead. We banged it, flipped it, I would have thrown it out the window had my husband let me... I even covered every inch of that couch in toxic Woolite. I had to work the next day, and didn't sleep. My husband, also afraid of spiders, swears he got it out while I was at work. To this day, I don't know if he did, or if he just told me that. Even still, I didn't sit on that couch until after we moved...
(I am not posting a picture b/c it freaked me out to google search it.)
5. Being unhealthy. And all the issues that can cause.
6. Financial problems!!! Things cost money. And it's always a lot! I'm a thrifty shopper, but not a crazy one. It doesn't take much to set the spiral going... I will be SO GLAD when my school loans are paid off (Hello 15 years? Or is it 10?) Of course, by that point, we'll likely have a 2nd car payment, and hopefully a house... YIKES!
7. Getting mugged, raped, attacked, and/or murdered... This is what my nightmares are made of...
8. Not having enough time. So much to do, so little time. It's worse with a kid. I hope I never forget to slow down and enjoy the little things...







No comments:
Post a Comment