HTML For background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Whirlwind of Traveling

Traveling with an infant is certainly an adventure - you never know what to expect, and even just a few weeks makes a HUGE difference!

Well, the giant hiatus between blogs should indicate that we made it to the states! Flying with her on the military flight went surprisingly well - no sleep for about 4 days, but she got enough to get by, and it was very manageable.  I arrived at the airport no more than 1 hour before the boys got there. I camped out in the USO waiting for their text on my ipod app that they were there waiting for me.  They drove all night to get there.

It kinda went down hill from there.

We met up with my cousin that night (Thursday) and made plans to head into DC the next day (Friday). Well around 1230am, the baby woke up (thinking it was 630am in Germany).  I rewrapped her, put her back into her pack & play, and that's when the hell started. A bug was crawling in my bed. I woke up my nephew David, he killed it. We stared at it.

It was a bed bug (We googled pics to be sure.).

Panic ensued. We checked as much as we could, turned our clothes inside out, and got the EFF out of there!

We decided it was best to head straight home, ditching our cousin, leaving at about 230am and driving all night to return to Illinois. No lie, this seriously sucked. None of us had any sleep, and I was no help because I was so exhausted that I was disoriented when I stood up.

We then go to go to the laundry mat, put EVERYTHING in super hot dryers, threw out book bags and anything else we could part with, got a mini-steamer, and then steam cleaned EVERYTHING. It was absolutely a disaster, and at this point, even though we took as much precaution as possible, it could be months before we know for sure we didn't bring any live ones with us.

Thankfully, it hasn't all been that. Hectic, though. Met a million different people.

The trip to San Antonio was crazy too, but that will be for another post!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Wow! Bed bugs?! I can't even imagine. I had lice in 5th grade once and it is my biggest fear to get it again, so I'm sure bed bugs make you feel the same way. At least it looks like you are having a good vacay from all your FB pics! :o)