Well, now that I am officially home ALL THE TIME ALONE (KR works 10-7 unless he convinced his boss to change his shift, since him working this one is pointless...), it only seems befitting that of course, the wasp problem would only get worse. I have freaked out from hearing 3 alive ones upstairs, I have gone up there twice so far. Sprayed Raid over all the windows the first time, and then used scrubbing bubbles (b/c it DOESN'T smell terrible) to kill one that I swear had a wingspan of an inch and a body length of an inch and a half. There are also probably 20-30 dead wasps under the damn window when we vacuumed just 2 days ago! It's entirely disgusting, and the more I keep finding ALIVE in the house, I'm actually scared to be here by myself all day! That last one was twice as big as all the dead ones under the window... It's been freezing temps at night, so it would stand to reason those fuckers would be dead by now, but of course they live in the ceiling so they are not dead - and also, read online, that THOUSANDS OF WASPS could live in one nest. How comforting. We did tell the landlord about that and the iffy radiators and he came over to check them out. The radiators that were working now work better (yay!) but the ones that didn't work (the bathrooms) still aren't doing anything. He also said he'd look for somebody to get rid of the wasps. I seriously hope this happens like amazingly fast. I'm ashamed to have my mom in this apartment where we have to vacuum up wasps every other day. I am so ashamed of this place...
KR finally talked to the landlord yesterday, so our official move-out date is Nov. 17 - that day we will hand over the keys (and we move in Nov. 10! yay!) I've never done a military move before, so this should be interesting. We get to have some of our gov't issued stuff taken away, and then movers will come to pack up our stuff and then take it to our other apartment - and most importantly - up the 3.5 flights of stairs. It will be good practice for our first PCS together, which isn't for quite a while. Until the move-in date, I have driver's test this week (oh crap, I really need to study...) and cleaning for the arrival of my mom, and then my mom is here for about 2 weeks, and then my appointment, and then moving! Oh my gosh, I can't wait to be OUT of this apartment! I'm sure we won't like things about the other place, but holy crap. I can't take this here anymore! This is ridiculous!!!!
I think I will go have some lunch - if the fucking buzzing stops upstairs - and then try to get some cleaning done. Or maybe a nap. We're gonna go for a nap... With the door closed, so the wasps don't come in and attack me...
PS: B - I got your post card today!!!! Thank you!!!!




2 comments:
glad you got it :) I totally know the feeling of being alone all day, but think, your there so when your hubby gets home he has someone to come home to now :)
Im still looking for a job - not fun. Im worried if I dont find something by xmas Im gonna have to move home. Things with JAB and I are strained to say the least, but Im really hoping we can pull through bc I am in no position to find ANOTHER bf, start dating him, learn all his quirks etc. but a part of me wants to find a catholic boy.... I have to much time to think. Idle hands are the devils playground. well the devil has moved into my house lol.
I have your xmas package open in my kitchen. lol. I have 4 boxes in the works. anything you want/need?
p.s. do you play words with friends on your ipod touch? its like scrabble. Im atlyankeebelle - play with me :)
Post a Comment